MAQUI (aristotelia chilensis): Haven’t yet heard of it?? You will – this ‘Patagonian Superfruit’ with a super deep purple colour and mild berry taste is native to Chile and regularly consumed by the Mapuche Indians. Pronounced ‘mah-KEY’, Our Maqui is raw, wild-harvested and freeze-dried (not spray-dried) for maximum nutrient preservation and has NO fillers or sweeteners like maltodextrin.
With an ORAC antioxidant score that’s 3 times HIGHER than even Acai berry, it has the added punch of antioxidants like anthocyanins (like blueberries), polyphenols, Vitamins A & C, iron, potassium and Omega-6.
Add to smoothies, lemonade, yoghurt, cereal or porridge, fruit juice, salad dressings, iceblocks, your water bottle – anything!
WONDERFUL SALAD DRESSING: this tastes so delicious and is really lovely for guests (consider using all-organic ingredients). Pour below over a salad bowl of baby spinach and fancy lettuces, garnish with toasted hazelnuts or similar…….so delish!
In a sealable container, shake until well mixed:
– 1/3 cup walnut or other tasty salad oil
– 1 Tbsp Maqui Berry Powder
– 1.5 tsp Dijon or Grainy Mustard
– 2 Tbsp raspberry wine vinegar
– 1 Tbsp Sustainably Sweet Coconut Palm Sugar
– 1/2 Tsp dried Herbes de Provence (or 1 Tbsp mixed fresh herbs)
– salt & fresh ground pepper to taste