Ginger Coriander Sprouted Lentils Avocado Toast. 16 Gm of Protein. Sprout Lentils of Mung Beans, Lightlysaute with ginger, onion and tomato and serve over Mashed Avocado Toast. Vegan Nutfree Soy-free Recipe.
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
Calories: 424 kcal
- 5 to 1.75 cups sprouted lentils , 3/4 cup dried lentils will yield that much, or Use cooked lentils.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium tomato , chopped small
- cayenne or black pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 Slices of Bread of choice toast lightly (optional)
- 2 ripe avocados mashed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or sesame seeds
- pepper and lemon for garnish
US Customary – Metric
- Sprout the lentils: Soak 3/4 cup brown or green lentils overnight. Discard soaking water. Wash, drain and place in a colander. If the colander holes are too large, line with a paper towel, or use a bowl. I use a colander as it makes it easy to keep rinsing the lentils when sprouting. Cover with a thick damp towel or a plate and let sit on the counter. Rinse every morning and evening. Depending on the ambient temperature, the lentils will sprout to a good length in 2 to 3 days.
- Cook: Saute onion in 1/2 tsp oil or a tbsp of water until translucent. 3 mins, Add ginger and mix in. Cook for half a minute.
- Add spices, a pinch of salt and mix in. Add tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Mash the larger pieces.
- Add sprouted lentils and salt and mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Mix and fluff, cover and cook for a minute. Switch off heat and let sit covered for another 2 mins for the flavors to meld.
- Prep the avocado toast by spreading the mashed avocado on bread or toast. Serve the spiced lentils over avocado toast. Sprinkle some sesame or hemp seeds, lemon and pepper. Serve warm.