Vegan Pumpkin Blondies! Easy Nut Butter Pumpkin Blondies with Pecans and chocolate chips. No Added oil. Nutfree Gluten-free option
Course: Brownie, Dessert
Cuisine: American, oil free, Vegan
Keyword: easy pumpkin blondies, pumpkin breakfast bars, vegan pumpkin blondies
Servings: 16 pieces
Calories: 126 kcal
Author: Vegan Richa
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Use a well filled 1/3 cup.)
- 1/3 cup smooth nut butter such as almond, cashew or peanut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp sugar (I usually use a mix of coconut and raw sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice(or ginger bread spice blend or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- 3/4 cup flour (I use a mix of whole wheat and unbleached all purpose)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup additions, like chocolate chips, chopped pecans, dried fruit or other nuts or seeds, plus more for topping
- In a bowl mix in all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and rest of the dry ingredients and mix. The mixture will make a soft cookie dough. Use your hands if needed. Add more flour if needed a tbsp at a time. If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Add the chocolate chips and pecans and mix them in.
- Press the dough into a lined brownie pan using a spatula to evenly spread. Sprinkle and press some chocolate chips and pecan/nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 21 to 23 minutes. Allow to cool completely and slice.
- To bake into cookies, chill the dough for 10 minutes, form balls and flatten well on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, a minute less for smalle and a minute longer for larger